Re: Old RC bugs

On Sat, Mar 27, 2004 at 01:39:44PM +0100, Frank Lichtenheld wrote:

> I compiled a list of all RC bugs older than about one month against
> package versions in testing. Some should perhaps be removed from
> testing, other need a review. Comments and actions welcome.
> remove crm114/20040312-2
> #225146
> Either we decide it is not RC (as it seems no to affect everyone, there
> had to be more noise then...

The maintainer seems to be working on it (according to the bug logs,
he is waiting for feedback from the submitter).

Please discuss solutions with the maintainer.

> remove gpsim-led/0.0.3-11
> #233275 no reaction from maintainer

Problem:
- maintainer maybe MIA?

Solution:
- ping maintainer, asking him whether he still has the time to maintain
  all his packages, or whether he wants to orphan some or all of his
  packages

Rationale:
- removing one of the perhaps many packages of a MIA maintainer from
  testing only shadows the real problem

> mc
> #231071, really RC ?

Yes, data loss.

> remove ssmtp/2.60.4
> #233556, no reaction from maintainer

Maintainer MIA?

See above.

> uucp
> #232664 needs to be fighted out

For the short term (and as already discussed) sendmail has to depend on
rmail until after Debian 3.1 is released.

The "rmail virtual package" is still unresolved.

> Gruesse,

cu
Adrian

       "Only a promise," Lao Er said.