Re: Why is package X not in testing yet?

On Sat, Mar 06, 2004 at 11:17:59PM +0100, Richard B. Kreckel wrote:
> On Tue, 2 Mar 2004, I wrote:
> > On Tue, 2 Mar 2004, Björn Stenberg wrote:
> > > They were actually hinted today, but it looks like that failed for some
> > > reason. You can see it at the top of
> > > http://ftp-master.debian.org/testing/update_output.txt:
> > >
> > >   Easy hint from vorlon: cln/1.1.6-1 ginac/1.1.6-1
> > >   leading: cln,ginac
> > >   FAILED
> > >
> > > I might be reading it wrong, though. I suggest you mail
> > > debian-release@lists.debian.org and ask them what happened and if
> > > there's anything you can do.
> >
> > Well then, that said, is there anything I can do to resolve this?
>
> Could you please push those two packages (cln/1.1.6-1 and ginac/1.1.6-1)
> into testing ASAP.  I have been talking to a number of Debian folks and
> nobody has been able to understand what the problem is.  If there is a
> problem, could you please tell me what it is?!  (I hereby admit: I AM TOO
> DENSE TO UNDERSTAND UPDATE_OUTPUT.)

Richard, do you read debian-release? If not, it would be helpful if you
had a Mail-Followup-To: header or similar saying so. I answered your
question here:

  http://lists.debian.org/debian-release/2004/debian-release-200403/msg00004.html

> Those packages install fine and and fix a number of problems (documented
> upstream only).  If cln/1.1.6-1 makes the old ginac/1.1.5-1 uninstallable,
> so what?  There is the new ginac/1.1.6-1!  So why the deadlock?
>
> (Also, if cln goes in, then the qalculate-gtk package can follow, too, at
> last.)

qalculate-gtk (0.3.1-2 to 0.4.1-1)
    Maintainer: Martin Waitz
    Too young, only 2 of 10 days old
    out of date on m68k: qalculate (from 0.3.1.1-2)
    Not considered
    Depends: qalculate-gtk cln