Re: Why is package X not in testing yet?

Hi there!

On Tue, 2 Mar 2004, I wrote:

> > > Ah, thanks a lot!  What do I need to do to "manually hint them to go in
> > > together"?  Which button do I have to press??  Whom should I mail about
> > > this problem???
> >
> > They were actually hinted today, but it looks like that failed for some
> > reason. You can see it at the top of
> > http://ftp-master.debian.org/testing/update_output.txt:
> >
> >   Easy hint from vorlon: cln/1.1.6-1 ginac/1.1.6-1
> >   leading: cln,ginac
> >   FAILED
> >
> > I might be reading it wrong, though. I suggest you mail
> > debian-release@lists.debian.org and ask them what happened and if
> > there's anything you can do.
>
> Well then, that said, is there anything I can do to resolve this?

Could you please push those two packages (cln/1.1.6-1 and ginac/1.1.6-1)
into testing ASAP.  I have been talking to a number of Debian folks and
nobody has been able to understand what the problem is.  If there is a
problem, could you please tell me what it is?!  (I hereby admit: I AM TOO
DENSE TO UNDERSTAND UPDATE_OUTPUT.)

Those packages install fine and and fix a number of problems (documented
upstream only).  If cln/1.1.6-1 makes the old ginac/1.1.5-1 uninstallable,
so what?  There is the new ginac/1.1.6-1!  So why the deadlock?

(Also, if cln goes in, then the qalculate-gtk package can follow, too, at
last.)

Regards
    -richy.
--