Re: Why is package X not in testing yet?

On Sat, 6 Mar 2004, Colin Watson wrote:
[...]
> Richard, do you read debian-release? If not, it would be helpful if you
> had a Mail-Followup-To: header or similar saying so.

In other free software ecosystems it is customary to CC the poster when
replying.  Even if he/she is known to be the list administrator.

>                                                      I answered your
> question here:
>
>   http://lists.debian.org/debian-release/2004/debian-release-200403/msg00004.html

Okay, thanks a lot.

On Tue, 2 Mar 2004, Colin Watson wrote:
> manual attention sometimes. The reason this doesn't show up in
> update_output is slightly unfortunate: for performance reasons, the
> testing script only shows problems on the first architecture in
> alphabetical order, and qalculate was only in testing for i386 and ia64,
> unlike ginac which was in testing for alpha.

It's not so easy not to comment on an optimization which discards valuable
information.  In fact, the crucial piece of information, in this case.
This is not the first time people have found the output irritating beyond
hope because of missing clues.  Sigh.

Luck
   -richy.
--