Re: Removal-from-sarge proposals

>> wmbubble: #207377 (or someone takes the patch and makes an NMU..)

> Downgrading this; someone seems to have upgraded it without
> communicating with the maintainer, and there's no real indication in the
> report that the bug actually has a significant impact on usability, 2.6
> kernel or not.  Still an NMU candidate, though, IMHO.

I upgraded this one; I think it deserves "serious" severity since it
makes wmbubble die after a few seconds with "Floating point exception"
when running a 2.6 kernel.  As I said in the message to control, I guess
most users will be running a 2.6 kernel during Sarge's lifetime.

The solution to this problem is not to NMU with the patch found in
#207377 but to update the package to version 1.41 which has upstream
support for Linux 2.6 (not just CPU counters), see #220643.  I had
several mail exchanges and IRC conversations with the maintainer who
promised several times to do so, but he seems to have real-life problems
right now and never got around to doing it.  Note that he didn't
followup to any of the bugs opened against wmbubble at the moment.

--
  ,''`.
 : :' :        Romain Francoise <rfrancoise@debian.org>