Re: Removal-from-sarge proposals

On Tue, Feb 24, 2004 at 03:08:54AM +0100, Frank Lichtenheld wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 23, 2004 at 02:20:10PM -0500, Nathanael Nerode wrote:
> > I ran out of time around 'l' except for this one I happened to notice:

> Some that I spotted the last days (in the "after l" part)

> mga-vid: #208358 and #210629 (should perhaps be orphaned, too, but will
> give the maintainer a few more days until that)

Marked for removal.

> netsaint-nrpe: #169333 (but should perhaps removed from unstable as
> well, see my mail from today in the br

> netsaint-plugins: #198830 (and
> http://qa.debian.org/debcheck.php?dist=testing&package=netsaint-plugins
> makes at least one additional RC bugs from what I see). Don't contacted
> maintainer yet, though

Netsaint is long-dead upstream, and anything that hasn't been updated to
use nagios yet should probably also be considered dead (either upstream
or wrt Debian).  In any case, there are nagios-nrpe packages now from
what I see, as well as a nagios-plugins package.  Both of these packages
should be removed from testing tomorrow.

I believe these packages should also be removed from unstable.  Does
anyone know of a reason why this hasn't been done yet?

> wmbubble: #207377 (or someone takes the patch and makes an NMU..)

Downgrading this; someone seems to have upgraded it without
communicating with the maintainer, and there's no real indication in the
report that the bug actually has a significant impact on usability, 2.6
kernel or not.  Still an NMU candidate, though, IMHO.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer