Re: DEMOCRATICAL election of Codenames of Debian [Before "Re: And next name after Sarge? or PROPOSAL for Codenames' election"]

On Mon, Jan 12, 2004 at 07:31:02PM +0100, Xan wrote:

> 1) I think that the democratical election of codenames is essential and it

You're mad. Debian users and developers have far better ways to waste
their time.

>    Anyway, I think that the trasparency of "why" this or another codename is
> choosen is essential. If this transparency implies to admit that "the
> codenames are choosen randomilly/arbitrarily by release manager", I think
> that it we/you have to admit this.

That is exactly what they are. And to an extent Debian releases are
arbitraty in themselves.

> 3) With high probability this post and mail will be ignored or will answered
> with irony (or worst: with false wish of collaboration), but I do it at least
> for point out it.

You're mad. And you've got way too much time on your hands. Try
squashing some RC bugs.

--
Paul