Re: Attempted "testing propagation status" report

On Tue, Nov 18, 2003 at 10:41:02PM -0700, Andre Lehovich wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Nov 2003, Andreas Metzler wrote:
>> Your point being?
> That Nathanael's list is missing one important subsystem.

I see, I did not get it because of the nullquote.

> >  From reading debian-x I got the firm impression that we'll have 4.3.0
> > in sarge (unless our time estimates are completely off and sarge wil
> > be released in June).

> Is it really going to take another 6 months to get 4.3.0
> ready?

No, I don't expect that, but "packaging"[1] 4.4, would probably take
some months.  Iirc currently Branden is in the process of splitting
the xlibs packages and afterwards upload to unstable is planned, check
http://necrotic.deadbeast.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/branches/4.3.0/sid/debian/TODO
for more info.

             cu andreas

[1] The x-strike-force has to do more than packaging, as XFree86's
releases basically only work on ix86.
fuhggvat qbja gur juveyvat tha.
Neal Stephenson in "Snow Crash"