Re: Time to push qt-x11 and friends into testing?

On Thu, Nov 13, 2003 at 01:33:26AM -0500, Nathanael Nerode wrote:

> These are the qt2 packages.  Currently they are held up because they
> break innovation3d and nurbs++ -- both of these have newer, c102
> versions in unstable which use qt3.  They FTBFS on some architectures,
> so they can't go in, but if they were removed from 'testing', it looks
> like the qt2 packages could propagate.  I think.  :-)

Wouldn't it be more effective if you would try to fix these packages
instead of proposing to remove them?

nurbs++:
ICE on hppa.
It would be effective if you would tell the maintainer about this issue
and/or send a bug report against gcc-3.3 (needs access to hppa since
the gcc maintainers want preprocessed source).

innovation3d:
  checking for QT moc (moc)... yes
  checking for QT uic (uic)... no
  configure: error: Cannot find proper QT
Needs further investigation, you could at least send a RC bug report to
notify the maintainer.

cu
Adrian

       "Only a promise," Lao Er said.