Re: Removal of qttudo

On Fri, Aug 22, 2003 at 07:15:31PM +0200, Martin Schulze wrote:
> Tobias Toedter wrote:
> > Package: qttudo
> > Testing: 0.2.1-1.2
> > Unstable: 0.2.1-1.2
> > Bugs: 206763 (RC), 189837 (RC), 195005 (RC), 108779 (merged with 108818 and
> > 130941), 118015, 125297, 138503 (RC, fixed in NMU), 114608 (fixed in NMU)
> > Suggestion: remove-from-testing (and unstable as well...)
> > Analysis:
> > The latest RC bug was filed by me because this program is no longer freely
> > available. The maintainer did just one upload (14 Aug 2001) and never
> > included the fixes from the NMUs (3 and 4 months old). No other package
> > depends on qttudo.
>
> Are you trying to tell us that Joerg Bemme released qttudo under a
> non-free license?

Yes, the URL in the Debian package does not exist anymore, I've
looked at the URL Tobias provided in the bug report and there is
only a binary demo distribution. From the Order page:

"The price for the software package is Euro 99,50. Included is the
program Tudo with the sourcecode, the users manual, and 30 days support
(SuSE 8.2) with access to the service page of this homepage for free
of charge. The payment is prepaid or cash on delivery. The access to
the service page is for unlimited time. All updates are for free
download.

You don't have to pay license fees for the program itsself or any
runtime component (operating system, itsself or any runtime component
(operating system, database size, etc.). You will be billed however
for installation, support and programming.

Support requests, which we can charge with 20,- Euro are preferred."

<http://www.bemme.de/index2.php>

regards,
guillem