Re: More Assignments

Hey all,

On Tue, Aug 19, 2003 at 05:32:02PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:

> This week's assignment is to pick between 10 and 20 source packages
> each to be removed from testing and/or unstable. Assignments are due
> next Monday (25th), and should look like:

> 	Package: pretzel
> 	Testing:  2.0n-1.1
> 	Unstable: 2.0n-1.1
> 	Bugs: 196579
> 	Suggestion: remove-from-testing
> 	Analysis:
> 	 Bug has been open for over two months, has had a patch for about
> 	 a month and a half, no comments from the maintainer. No indication
> 	 it'll be solved anytime soon.

> You should be looking at:

> 	http://bugs.debian.org/release-critical

> 	http://ftp-master.debian.org/testing/testing_probs.html

While working through this, I started thinking it would be useful to be
able to coordinate in more detail than just the contents of the claims
directory, so we could tell not only which packages each of us *is*
recommending for removal, but to have a better idea which packages each
has reviewed and *isn't* recommending for removal right now so that we
don't end up reviewing the same bug reports.

For my part, I've been sifting through the list of RC bugs in main,
starting at the beginning of the alphabet and working my way down
(currently at "D").

I'm up to 11 removal suggestions now -- should be able to hit 20 by
Monday.

Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer