Re: boot-floppy short-term status

Mon, May 28, 2001 at 11:00:24PM -0400 wrote:
> On Mon, May 28, 2001 at 06:43:46PM -0400, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> >
> > I am preparing boot-floppies 2.3.4 for release.  This version should
> > be nominally installable, or at least, get beyond the blocker bugs in
> > 2.3.3, such as busybox issues causing failed download of base.
>
> I notice in the dist selection that int he code, it strictly disallows
> using sid/unstable. It pops up a box about how it is not suggested to
> use it, but then ignores the user upon answering "they don't care". Can
> we remove this? Often testing is more broken than unstable. I can modify
> it so it still pops up with the warning, but allows the user to
> continue.

I actually completely took sid out this past weekend, have you done an update?
We've already been getting lots of bug reports from people trying to install who
probably wanted to be using potato.  I had visions of people installing sid and
making their systems completely unbootable or corrupting their drives.  I see what
you mean about sid being better than testing sometimes, though.  With a strong
warning, as long as we make sure it gets translated.

I'll stick sid back in.

David