Re: Could the release notes for potato mention smail?

On Sun, 25 Jun 2000, Josip Rodin wrote:

> > I'm the new maintainer for smail. I will soon try to fix as many bugs as
> > possible and prepare packages for potato because many people use smail. Is
> > it possible to put a note in the release notes that there will be
> > unofficial smail packages for potato at
> > http://www.fs.tum.de/~bunk/smail.html ?
>
> I've just added a note to release notes about smail not being available in
> frozen, and how it can be found in unstable (this will be true soon, right?)
> or at that URL.

Thanks a lot.

I will make a new upload to unstable in a few days. The only problem
is: As soon as smail in unstable is compiled with a library not in potato
(e.g. a new version of libc6), it's more or less useless for users that
don't want to upgrade to unstable. That's why I'll offer the packages at
that URL, too. At the beginning there will be the same packages at that
URL and in unstable, but this may change later.

cu,
Adrian

                -- Mahatma Ghandi