Re: Could the release notes for potato mention smail?

On Mon, Jun 26, 2000 at 02:15:43AM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> > BTW aj, as new release notes (including this and a few other important
> > changes) need to be installed in the archive, should I contact James?
>
> Upload to incoming, and I'll tell james.

It's a bunch of files that isn't supposed to be processed by dinstall, but
installed by hand. I provided a relnotes.tar.gz with upgrade-* directories
and release-notes.* files in them, and Richard tar xzf'ed it in
dists/potato/main.

This time, though, one other manual operation should be done: documents in
upgrade-{arm,powerpc} should be moved to disks-{arm,powerpc}, respectively,
since those release notes aren't related to upgrading, just "what's new" and
"new installations" (the latter is a pointer to the Installation manual).

> Are boot-floppies dependent upon release notes?

No. (nor vice versa)

But the CD images are.

> I'm inclined to leave them as late as possible, really, so that they can
> be as complete as possible.

Well, why not have it up on the FTP site right now, so that people can check
them and report any errors?