Re: Current 2.2r2 status
- To: Ben Collins <email@example.com>
- Cc: Adam Di Carlo <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com, Philip Blundell <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Dan Jacobowitz <email@example.com>, Roman Hodek <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Christopher Chimelis <email@example.com>, Wichert Akkerman <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Current 2.2r2 status
- From: "Christian T. Steigies" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 03:20:19 -0600
- Message-id: <[🔎] 20001128032018.A4280@debian.org>
- In-reply-to: <[🔎] 20001127154915.X3597@visi.net>; from email@example.com on Mon, Nov 27, 2000 at 03:49:15PM -0500
- References: <[🔎] 20001122033241.A3866@debian.org> <[🔎] Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org> <[🔎] 20001122132413.D486@ap031.experimentalphysik.uni-kiel.de> <[🔎] 20001123102936.A6808@ap031.experimentalphysik.uni-kiel.de> <[🔎] email@example.com> <[🔎] 20001127154915.X3597@visi.net>
On Mon, Nov 27, 2000 at 03:49:15PM -0500, Ben Collins wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 27, 2000 at 03:13:56PM -0500, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> > Did you do 'make check' ? Are you building with the language chooser
> > per chance? Odd. It shouldn't be running this stuff unless you're
> > building with the Language chooser (i18n) stuff.
> FYI, I did a full build with "dpkg-buildpackage -B" and it built with no
> problems on sparc.
I am (still) building with debbuild, which is just a wrapper for
dpkg-buildpackage. make check is probably called in the beginning.
> I wonder, are you using the boot-floppies .deb, or a CVS checkout? I had
> to do "cvs up -dP" to make sure I got some new directories in the tree,
> else it failed to build.
I have been using the boot-floppies .deb. First it was failing because
python-dev was (as still is!) not mentioned in debian/control.
Then it failed with a compilation error and Marcin Owsiany said:
Again this is my fault :-(
This is something I forgot about during integration of
LANGUAGE_CHOOSER - the Makefile tries to build dbootstrap-lc
even if USE_LANGUAGE_CHOOSER is set to false. I (hopefully) fixed this
last night, in Makefile's revision 1.87
This discussion happend on the mailing list, did nobody read that?
Ive see 2.2.20 appear now, shall I use that one? Last night I tried with a
CVS checkout, might have worked, if my ftp sever hadn't gone away...