Re: Current 2.2r2 status

On Tue, Nov 21, 2000 at 11:54:03PM -0500, Ben Collins wrote:
> Here's the current status of 2.2r2 release plans, in order of expected
> completion, along with those responsible:
>
> - Kernel 2.2.18-pre21 builds (ports who want it). Let me know who wants
>   this, and when you can get it done. If you do not tell me that your port
>   needs 2.2.18-pre21 kernel images, then we wont be waiting for it to be
>   uploaded. Give me a time frame for completion please.
>
>   [sparc] Will build, should be done on Nov 22.
[m68k] no 2.2.18 yet, maybe we will have a new set of 2.2.10 kernels, but
       they should be tested a little by our users. We might build 2.2.16 or
       17 kernels, but I think there is not enough time to test this.
       2.2.10 should be ready tomorrow, Nick already built a kernel-patch,
       but we will not upload this before its tested.

> - Build of boot-floppies 2.2.1[89] (port maintainers). WARNING! If you do not
>   chime in on how long it will take (upon notice of when to begin) to
>   build the boot-floppies for your arch, like kernel images, we will not
>   be waiting for your archs boot-floppies upload. Also, if you plan on
>   upgrading to the above kernel, let Adam know so he can make the changes
>   to the boot-floppies source.
>
>   [sparc] Will build, will take no more than 24 hours
[m68k] will build 2.2.18 (whats 19?). should take no more than 48 hours.

> - Update packages. This is in a per arch basis, and only if absolutely
>   essential (this applies to out-of-date packages only). You can update as
>   needed, but we wont hold back release for non-essential updates, it will
>   just have to wait for r3.
[m68k] amiga-fdisk, amiga-fdisk-bf. No idea about other packages, Roman?

Christian
--
http://people.debian.org/~cts/