Re: Debian 2.1r5

On Thu, Mar 23, 2000 at 06:54:44PM +0000, Mark Brown wrote:

> What segfaults?  Did it work before?  I did actually test this version,
> but it's possible that I missed something.  There are a number of bugs
> in 1.6 that cause random segfaults when talking to some remote software,
> but they have always been there in Slink.

Uhm, I used slink original version of leafnode and I had no problem. Now
when I connect to some servers I have abnormal segmentation faults and
sometimes, if I repeat the connection... no problem. :P
Other segfaults with some articles that leafnode doesn't like and it can't
write id on disk.

> If it doesn't work I suggest you try a more current upstream version -
> there are Slink .debs on ftp://ftp.tardis.ed.ac.uk/users/broonie/debian .
> Make sure to grab the latest version - earlier ones have the same Y2K
> problem that's fixed in this upload.  I've not tested the packages
> there at all, but equally well I've not had any complaints about them
> either.

I understand that there are new versions, but we released it as a better
packages for slink...

bye
Christian

--