Re: stable with 2.2.11 (was Re: Stable release management)

On Mon, Aug 23, 1999 at 03:26:37PM +0000, Vincent Renardias wrote:

> On Mon, 23 Aug 1999, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
>
> > I agree -- it's fine to upgrade to kernel 2.2.x in slink, but
> > upgrading libc is just too much of a radical step.  Lets do it one
> > step at a time, ok?
>
> yep. linux 2.2 is a very much needed upgrade. glibc2.1 certainly isn't.

I'm not sure if you're aware that we were speaking about upgrading
glibc for the sparc architecture only. Debian slink Sparc is already based
on a recent prerelease of glibc2.1 so upgrading is just a minor glibc
update.

Greetings,

				Christian
--