Re: stable with 2.2.11 (was Re: Stable release management)

I agree -- it's fine to upgrade to kernel 2.2.x in slink, but
upgrading libc is just too much of a radical step.  Lets do it one
step at a time, ok?

So the short list of upgrades:

  * kernel to 2.2.x (personally, I think 2.2.11 is acceptable and
2.2.10 is not (2.2.10 has NFS server crashes which I've experienced)

  * any upgrades req'd for kernel 2.2

  * pcmcia

  * X11

Anything else?  I hope not....

I think if we try to do too much in the stable updates, developers will
get justifiably upset, pointing out that we're distracting effort from
getting potato out.