Re: pcmcia-cs updated for stable?

On Jul 09, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> Chris Lawrence <cnlawren@olemiss.edu> writes:
>
> > My 2 cents: I had to upgrade my kernel-image and pcmcia-modules to the
> > 2.0.36 version in unstable before I could get pcmcia-cs to do anything
> > except crash my new Sony laptop.
>
> Yes, I've seen the same.  Basically, the slink pcmcia-cs doesn't
> support CardBus32 at all AFAICT.

Looking at the changelog, it looks like CardBus support was in the
source but accidentally turned off.  I dunno if the version in slink
could be patched to re-enable it and put into proposed-updates or not.
I suspect it could be done, but my laptop is already running potato
and 2.2.10 (thanks to my 100-300k/s connection to the mirror network
at work) so it's a little late for me to work on it.

Perhaps something could be added to the install instructions though.
(I worked around it by lying about my PCMCIA controller chip and
upgrading to the pcmcia packages from potato.)

Chris
|        Chris Lawrence        |             The Linux/m68k FAQ             |
|   <quango@watervalley.net>   |   http://www.linux-m68k.org/faq/faq.html   |
|    Amiga A4000 604e/233Mhz   |        Visit the Amiga Web Directory       |
|     with Linux/APUS 2.2.8    |       http://www.cucug.org/amiga.html      |