Re: pcmcia-cs updated for stable?

Chris Lawrence <cnlawren@olemiss.edu> writes:

> My 2 cents: I had to upgrade my kernel-image and pcmcia-modules to the
> 2.0.36 version in unstable before I could get pcmcia-cs to do anything
> except crash my new Sony laptop.

Yes, I've seen the same.  Basically, the slink pcmcia-cs doesn't
support CardBus32 at all AFAICT.

It would be nice if we could build an alternate set of boot-floppies
with the newer pcmcia.  I was able to use pcmcia-{cs,modules} v3.0.12
on my otherwise pure slink system with really no problems at all.  But
I don't think this should be official and I think we'd be asking for
trouble to put pcmcia-cs 3.0.12 into slink.