Re: Countrs of r-$FOO-packages, and Debian + Ubuntu package counts

Hi,

On Sat, Jan 16, 2021 at 08:01:40AM -0600, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:

> I think we need to write ourselves a lintian (or equivalent) checker and
> patch locally.

The good thing in the r-cran-luminescence case is that upstream has
fixed it immediately in their repository and it will be fixed in the
next release,

> I have the exact same issue in one my packages that upstream
> is (in our eyes only) "buggy" by substituting a hyphen with a dot leading
> to different sorting for us (but not them as the R sorting tolerates it).

I admit that I know about this sorting tolerance but I consider that
the *different* spelling of a version number is a bug anyway.

Kind regards

     Andreas,