Re: Countrs of r-$FOO-packages, and Debian + Ubuntu package counts

On 16 January 2021 at 08:29, Andreas Tille wrote:
| If there is a chance to cope with this automatically I'd love to adopt
| this.

I think we need to write ourselves a lintian (or equivalent) checker and
patch locally. I have the exact same issue in one my packages that upstream
is (in our eyes only) "buggy" by substituting a hyphen with a dot leading
to different sorting for us (but not them as the R sorting tolerates it).

Dirk

--
https://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd@debian.org