Re: mathjaxr

On 27 November 2020 at 18:06, Andreas Tille wrote:
| On Fri, Nov 27, 2020 at 08:19:44AM -0600, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:
| >
| > I started to package mathjaxr as package rgl will now need it. Unfortunately
| > it includes a lot of Javascript as well as fonts and we have the usual
| > problem of ftp-master wanting sources (see below)
| >
| > Would anybody here have time, experience and patience to work through this
| > and update mathjaxr? I am a little short on two to three of these.
| >
| > I have a basic package at
| >   https://salsa.debian.org/edd/r-cran-mathjaxr
| > and I now see that a prior attempt was at
| >   https://salsa.debian.org/r-pkg-team/r-cran-mathjaxr
| > (as I had only checked packages.debian.org, my bad).
|
| Yep, I also started a packaging attempt since some other package needs
| this new dependency.  If I would have managed to fight through all these
| JS I would have uploaded.  Unfortunately there was no spare time slot
| and my Debian time in the next 10 days will be drastically reduced due
| to real life issues.  You will not see much activity from me in R-pkg
| team in this time.
|
| > The email I got from Joerg is below. The matter is becoming somewhat urgent
| > as rgl now build-depends on mathjaxr, and rgl itself is used in a few other
| > packages.
|
| Please decide what repository should be used for the packaging.  I think
| you have permissions to https://salsa.debian.org/r-pkg-team.  If you
| want to stick to .../edd I'd rather remove the other repository to avoid
| confusion.

I don't care one iota. If it gets packaged in your repo, great. Easy for me
to delete a (unused) repo.  FWIW there are other duplicate repos too. I
already wrote above that, I created my repo as I was unaware of yours. I just
need mathjaxr in Debian, and can't do it myself.

So unless maybe I convince upstream to make mathjaxr a Suggests:, rgl will
eventually die.

Dirk

--
https://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd@debian.org