From: Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu>
Sent: 21 July 2020 17:13
To: debian-r@lists.debian.org; Gu, Zuguang
Subject: r-bioc-complexheatmap: Error: C stack usage in test suite

Hi Zuguang,

the Debian R team is trying to package ComplexHeatmap for Debian.  When
we run the test suite in a restricted environment (no remote access, no
X server only the packages specified in DESCRIPTION available) it turns
out that the test

$ R --no-save < test-dendrogram.R
> #  stack overflow problem
> m = matrix(1, nrow = 1000, ncol = 10)
> m[1, 2] = 2
> dend = as.dendrogram(hclust(dist(m)))
> grid.dendrogram(dend, test = T)
Error: C stack usage  7969380 is too close to the limit
Execution halted

fails.  This is not the case if the resulting package is installed on a
normal machine - but in the CI environment which is restricted this
failure appears reproducibly.

Do you have any idea what might cause this issue?