Re: r-bioc-complexheatmap: Error: C stack usage in test suite

Hi Zuguang Gu,

On Tue, Jul 21, 2020 at 07:19:02PM +0000, Gu, Zuguang wrote:
> Thanks for your email!
>
> Yes, that was a bug and I think I have fixed it in the recent versions. You can see all the tests are passed in the following links:
>
> https://travis-ci.org/github/jokergoo/ComplexHeatmap
> http://bioconductor.org/checkResults/devel/bioc-LATEST/ComplexHeatmap/

Ahhh, thanks for confirming.

> A recent feedback from users says the error of "Error: C stack usage" still occurs for huge matrix where the values are all identical (this is a very rare case), which means this bug might have not been completely fixed yet.
>
> What should I do now? Should I just comment these lines that cause errors in the script? Which version of the package are you testing? The Bioconductor release version or development version?

In Debian we always are packaging released BioConductor versions (so
currently I'm talking about version  2.4.2).  It would help if you
could issue a 2.4.3 bugfix release.  Alternatively you could send me
a patch I could add to the packaging but I guess other users would
profit from a bugfix release as well.

Thanks a lot for your quick response