Re: [RFS] r-cran-gmp

Hi Dylan

Thanks for the review.

I'm a layman on license stuff, but I'm reading the GPL version 1 [1]
and I found out a stretch that says:

"Each version is given a distinguishing version number.  If the Program
specifies a version number of the license which applies to it and "any
later version", you have the option of following the terms and conditions
either of that version or of any later version published by the Free
Software Foundation.  If the Program does not specify a version number of
the license, you may choose any version ever published by the Free Software
Foundation."

Note the part:

"If the Program does not specify a version number of
the license, you may choose any version ever published by the Free Software
Foundation"

Neither DESCRIPTION file nor source files specify GPL version 1, they are just
licensed as GPL without specifying a version, except the factorize.cc file which
is GPL-3. So, we can choose the GPL-3 for the whole program, right?

What do you think?

thanks,

Rodrigo

[1] https://www.gnu.org/licenses/old-licenses/gpl-1.0.html