Re: [RFS] r-cran-gmp

On 29 May 2020 at 08:45, Dylan Aïssi wrote:
| Hi Rodrigo,
|
| Le jeu. 28 mai 2020 à 18:48, Rodrigo Carvalho <rodrigorsdc@gmail.com> a écrit :
| >
| > I uploaded a new R package into salsa[1]. Also, I uploaded into mentors[2].
| >

| Thanks for your work!
|
| It seems you did some work manually (I had to fix some stuff, please
| have a look at the git repo). Next time, you could use
| "prepare_missing_cran_package" and "itp_from_debian_dir " from the
| package dh-r, they will save your time ;-)
|
| Unfortunately, the package cannot be uploaded to NEW because there is
| a problem in the license. The package is under the GPL-1 (no precision
| of the version = v1), but the file src/factorize.cc seems to be under
| GPL-3+. These licenses are not compatible, you should clarify this
| with upstream devs.

That should be no problem. Martin Maechler (now CC'ed) of the R Core team is
one of the upstream authors. And he is the one who persuaded Ross and Robert
in 1993 (IIRC) to make their then-little-known "R" a part of the GNU Project.

Per https://github.com/cran/gmp/blob/master/ChangeLog and
https://github.com/cran/gmp/blob/master/Changes the commits started in 2004
so I guess it already meant GPL (>= 2) but we cannot know for sure. But I
expect this to be fixed quite easily.

Dirk

--
http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd@debian.org