Re: R 4.0.0 is here, transition is stalled

Le Fri, Apr 24, 2020 at 09:47:26PM -0500, Dirk Eddelbuettel a écrit :

>    https://buildd.debian.org/status/logs.php?pkg=r-base&arch=ppc64el
>
> which shows
>
>   i)   years of no issues
>   ii)  two random failures after 3.6.1-7 and before 3.6.2-2
>   iii) four more builds
>   iv)  four failures for the recent two alphas, beta and rc

Hi Dirk,

I had a look and found that the two build failures of 3.6.1 and 3.6.2
were addressed in https://bugs.debian.org/946836.  This is good news
because the bug log shows recent interest on all sides to solve build
issues on PowerPC.

The transition can not complete until either R 4.0.0 builds on PowerPC
or all the r-* packages are removed from Testing by the Release team.  I
think it would be useful if somebody (you ?) would check with the R
developers if the build failures looks like easy to resolve.  This is
something that I expect the Release team would want to know anyway.

Cheers,

Charles

--
Charles Plessy