Re: R 4.0.0 is here, transition is stalled

Hi Charles,

On 25 April 2020 at 11:24, Charles Plessy wrote:
| I had a look at the experimental builds and it reveals a regression on
| PowerPC architecture, one of which (ppc64el) is a release architecture.
|
| https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=r-base&suite=experimental
|
| Unfortunately, the build error is rather cryptic: the step `installing
| 'sysdata.rda'` just never completes and then the build is "killed with
| signal TERM after 150 minutes of inactivity".
|
| Since it would be a blocker anyway, maybe it is worth investigating
| before contacting the Release team ?

Fair enough but look at the history on that platform at

   https://buildd.debian.org/status/logs.php?pkg=r-base&arch=ppc64el

which shows

  i)   years of no issues
  ii)  two random failures after 3.6.1-7 and before 3.6.2-2
  iii) four more builds
  iv)  four failures for the recent two alphas, beta and rc

and no entry in debian/changelog so we changed nothing. Hm.

Dirk

--
http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd@debian.org