Re: r-base blocked by r-bioc-{iranges,s4vectors}

On 22 December 2019 at 08:36, Andreas Tille wrote:
| On Sat, Dec 21, 2019 at 06:33:50AM -0600, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:
| >
| > See https://qa.debian.org/excuses.php?package=r-base : the pair of
| > r-bioc-{iranges,s4vectors} is blocking the migration of r-base to testing.
| >
| > All of R, Rcpp, and these packages rebuilt to new versions recently so the
| > toolchain should be consistent. Yet it looks like a plain segfault.  Could
| > one of you please take a look?
|
| Thanks to the autopkgtests of the two packages the issue was spotted and
| reported #947001 and #947004.  I've forwarded the issues upstream.

r-base is still blocked.

I install what I need from unstable, but this simply is not right -- a
disservice to our users.

You are the maintainer of these two packages. Please permit r-base to migrate.

Dirk

--
http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd@debian.org