Re: Question for r-bioc-lpsymphony

On Fri, Jul 5, 2019 at 3:25 PM Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
> I have injected r-bioc-lpsymphony[1] since it is needed for BioC IHW
> which in turn is needed to upgrade r-bioc-metagenomeseq (which has other
> issues with locfit dependencies anyway).  lpsymphony has a driectory
>
>   src/SYMPHONY/ThirdParty
>
> where the user is supposed to put the **sources** of lapack and glpk.

That's ugly ...

> Well, we have both libraries so why putting the sources?  Shouldn't it
> be possible to link dynamically?

Actually we also have the symphony library (used by r-cran-rsymphony ...)
and lpsymphony's configure is looking for it:
https://salsa.debian.org/r-pkg-team/r-bioc-lpsymphony/blob/master/configure#L12

So it might be sufficient to add 'coinor-libsymphony-dev' to Build-Depends
and the corresponding library to Depends.

cheerio
ralf