Re: curl/7.60.0-1 appears to break r-cran-curl/3.2-1 autopkgtest in testing

On Tue, Jun 19, 2018 at 11:55:38PM +0200, Jeroen Ooms wrote:
> I am seeing similar things on CRAN now but I have a hard time
> reproducing this issue. I'm trying now with valgrind/asan but no luck
> so far.

The CI test are running on a virtual machine which is disconnected from
the internet.  However, I can even reproduce the issue on a machine that
is connected to the internet.

> Does this consistently fail at the same unit test, or randomly? Please
> let me know if you find a minimal example. I'll continue to
> investigate.

Here is the recent build log (see end of page!):

   https://ci.debian.net/data/autopkgtest/unstable/amd64/r/r-cran-curl/406912/log.gz

and this page shows a history of previous logs:

   https://ci.debian.net/packages/r/r-cran-curl/unstable/amd64/

So starting from 2018-05-30 22:22:23 UTC the build log fails all the
time and this is connected to the date when libcurl version 7.60.0-2
seems to become installed on the CI infrastructure.

What libcurl are you using at your site?  Do you have access to some
Debian machine?  I could start with bisecting the test suite to find out
what test will fail but if it does not fail at your site its probably
hard to reproduce even a single example failure.

Hope this helps