Re: Transition status

Le Tue, Jun 12, 2018 at 06:08:55AM -0500, Dirk Eddelbuettel a écrit :

> Per the transition page we are at 100% yet per
>
>    https://qa.debian.org/excuses.php?package=r-base
>
> it appears the r-base package is stuck "forever" because a few dozen
> autopkgtest fail.

Hi Dirk,

according to this email from the Release team, autopkgtest regressions
will delay packages but not block them.

    https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2018/05/msg00001.html

However, I see that the R transition is entangled with other
transitions:

    https://release.debian.org/transitions/html/r-base-3.5.html

And some of these transitions, such as curl, are not 100 % ready.

It seems that the best thing we could to accelerate the end of this
process would be to work on the other entangled transitions, which
does not look easy at a first glance.

Another, more radical, option would be to ask to remove from testing the
entangled r-* packages.  But some of them are quite central in the
dependency network, so it would end up removing a lot of packages...

Have a nice day,

Charles

--
Charles Plessy