Re: More - vs . woes

Hi Dirk,

On Wed, Jun 06, 2018 at 07:21:31AM -0500, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:

> Maybe we should think about fixing this in dh-r?

I admit fixing this in dh-r seems quite complex and error prone to me.
It goes beyond my capabilities and I do not see that coming soon.

> (And no, I don't really think it is worth contacting all upstream authors one
> by one. This is our bug, and our issue, and asking them to fix something *not
> broken by R and CRAN semantics* is a bit much.)

>From my perspective a friendly e-mail to upstream can not harm and in
the last week I had two out of two positive examples.  So why not
trying (which I did).

In general my optinion is that it is a very good idea to use always the
*same* version string syntax and not only a similar one just because it
does not harm on one side.