Re: R-base-3.5 transition: Team maintained arch:all packages in level 1 done

Hi Andreas,

On 1 June 2018 at 09:49, Andreas Tille wrote:
| Thanks for the hint.  I think it is definitely an interesting project to
| build full CRAN archive.  However, as far as I can see, its goal is a

It is actually not full CRAN. It is the packages in the Task Views, but built
across different release flavors.

A full CRAN build used to be set up and maintained by a rather prominent
Debian contributor (and TC member) but then ... his raid disks broke and it
was not yet been rebuilt.

Let's not try to discuss what is right or wrong and how things should be
packaged. We are not looking eye to eye on much simpler sub-tasks, so I just
suggest we acknowledge that different approaches exist.  I am certainly
appreciative of some of the tools (dh-r ir arguably nice, the earlier bugs
notwithstanding) and maybe less convinved about some other. Wy don't we leave
it at that.

Dirk

--
http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd@debian.org