Re: Copyright file of r-cran-pracma messed up

Inline below.

On Mon, 22 Oct 2018, Andreas Tille wrote:

> Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2018 11:56:10
> From: Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu>
> To: debian-r@lists.debian.org
> Subject: Re: Copyright file of r-cran-pracma messed up
>
> On Mon, Oct 22, 2018 at 07:39:28AM +0000, Oliver Dechant wrote:
> > >
> > In the packaging manual the examples show non-SPDX and unspecified license
> > formatting. I did not have means to test for compiling errors and this has
> > caught up to me now.
>
> Hmmmm, I can not really parse what you want to express.  Did you build
> the package before commiting to Git?  Than you should run lintian as I
> recommended.

Unfortunately, I failed to advance as far as building the package again or
using lintian before updates caught up to me.

> > I believed CRAN packages to be entirely free software. At the top level
> > pracma appears to be entirely GPL-3+.
>
> Yes, that's the main license.  If there is nothing else mentioned you
> need to assume that this is valid for all files.  In your commit you
> mentioned several others with no obvious reason.  You also failed to
> mention the files correctly (without path).

I will have to spend longer reviewing the processes involved, and would
not have filed this bug as a complete without further study of the issues.

> Kind regards
>
>      Andreas.

Many thanks again,

--