Re: Copyright file of r-cran-pracma messed up

On Mon, 22 Oct 2018, Andreas Tille wrote:

> Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2018 04:06:32
> From: Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu>
> To: debian-r@lists.debian.org, Oliver Dechant <dechant@dal.ca>
> Subject: Copyright file of r-cran-pracma messed up
>
> Hi Oliver,
>
> in the commits
>

> commit 09c29614fe9c5d02cfdd74324dd2c7a9770a06c5
> Author: Oliver Dechant <dechant@dal.ca>
> Date:   Mon Oct 8 08:36:26 2018 -0300
>
>     oliver: debain/copyright formatting
>
> commit 605599391842592e3d514b4ffe3639374799c05b
> Author: Oliver Dechant <dechant@dal.ca>
> Date:   Mon Oct 8 08:25:26 2018 -0300
>
>     oliver: updated debian.copyright
>

> you changed debian/copyright heavily.  It has *lots* of DEP5 syntax
> issues now and contains information which I totally fail to understand
> (like "permission obtained by Hans W Borchers", permissive, "no license"
> or BSD when files do not explicitly mention any BSD text).  Can you
> please explain your motivation for these changes?

In the packaging manual the examples show non-SPDX and unspecified license
formatting. I did not have means to test for compiling errors and this has
caught up to me now.

I believed CRAN packages to be entirely free software. At the top level
pracma appears to be entirely GPL-3+.

> Kind regards
>
>        Andreas.

Many thanks,