Re: RFS: rootsolve, rmpfr

Hi Andreas,

On Tue, 18 Sep 2018, Andreas Tille wrote:

> Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2018 01:49:28
> From: Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu>
> To: Oliver Dechant <dechant@dal.ca>, debian-r@lists.debian.org
> Subject: Re: RFS: rootsolve, rmpfr
>
> [ Please always write to the list - thank you ]

> > > What version of dh-r are you using?  I'd recommend the latest from
> > > unstable.
> > For this I am using the stable 2018 dh-r from the stretchcran.0 archive.
>
> I don't know about stretchcran.0 archive and there are a couple of
> versions starting with 2018.  I recommend 20180917 which you can get
> from unstable.  I released it *especially* for you since you obviously
> had not set DEBFULLNAME and DEBEMAIL. (Did you fixed now?)
I've made the updates locally. Thank you for the revisions to dh-r, the
scripts are very interesting. I don't think stretchcran0 is actually an
archive, I have a Debian Science Team maintained project under --
Filename: stretch-cran35/dh-r_20180403~stretchcran.0_all.deb.

> > I noticed there have been updates to dh-r only recently. I also see that
> > CRAN hosts a proper gmp package as to your suggestion and my
> > misunderstanding.
>
> It seems we keep on misunderstanding.  We are talking about packages
> inside the Debian archive and there is no gmp package.  If
> prepare_missing_cran_package you can be pretty sure that it is needed
> for your target package (and you need to add this to Build-Depends
> manually later).  Can you please confirm that you understood what
> pbuilder is and that you are using it?
I know of pbuilder from the maintainers guide. I can follow the
maintainers guide.

> Kind regards
>
>         Andreas.

Many thanks again,