Semi-automatic upgrades to new upstream versions (Was: Upcoming Bioconductor 3.7 release, developed for R 3.5.0)

On Thu, Apr 19, 2018 at 11:58:41AM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Apropos automatisation.  I've spent some time in testing a script that's
> just implementing all routine calls I did for upgrading r-* packages.
> Despite it needs a not yet released version of libconfig-model-dpkg-perl
> I pushed it to
>
>    https://salsa.debian.org/r-pkg-team/maintenance-utilities/blob/master/routine-update
>
> for the comfort of anybody who wants to help keeping R packages up to
> date.

This works now with latest cme + libconfig-model-dpkg-perl from
unstable.  I'm just calling this script for new versions of R packages
(and other packages but that's not relevant here) and only check the
build result before uploading.  Thus upgrading packages becomes quite
easy.  I'd invite others to give it a try.

For the now needed rebuild we need to enhance the script to work even if
no new upstream version is available and we should also add a change of
the (to be finally decided) Maintainer address.

> I think after further testing of
> others and thorough inspection of the results we might move it over to
> the dh-r package.

What do you think about this?