Re: RFP: pyside2 -- Python bindings for Qt5

¡Hola Raphael!

El 2018-05-11 a las 09:46 +0200, Raphael Hertzog escribió:
Control: retitle -1 ITP: pyside2 -- Qt for Python
Control: owner -1 sophie@freexian.com

On Sat, 14 Apr 2018 10:09:38 +0200 Francesco Poli <invernomuto@paranoici.org> wrote:
Moreover, if I read the [announcement] correctly, it seems that PySide2
is going to be renamed as "Qt for Python" and adopted as official Qt
bindings for Python...

[announcement]: <https://blog.qt.io/blog/2018/04/13/qt-for-python-is-coming-to-a-computer-near-you/>

I really hope someone with good Python Debian packaging skills will
soon package pyside2 for inclusion in Debian!

Sophie and me are working to bring pyside2 into Debian. We would like to
put it in pkg-kde-extras. I requested access to the salsa group for this.

Welcome to the team!

Should it go in "Qt" or "Qt extras"? It's going to be something official by
the upstream Qt project so I think that "Qt" might be good.

Right, but please take into account that the packages maintained under the qt tree use a debian directory only packaging branch, and in general, they use all the same packaging structure (no dpm, no upstream branches or tags in the public repos, etc). This set of rules is more relaxed in qt-extras and kde-extras.

Also, I don't see in the bug log any comment about the current pyside maintenance, are the pyside maintainers ok with moving the new version of the project to a different repository in a different team?

Happy hacking,
--
"If a million people believe a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing."
-- France's Rule of Folly