Re: RFP: pyside2 -- Python bindings for Qt5

Control: retitle -1 ITP: pyside2 -- Qt for Python
Control: owner -1 sophie@freexian.com

On Sat, 14 Apr 2018 10:09:38 +0200 Francesco Poli <invernomuto@paranoici.org> wrote:
> Moreover, if I read the [announcement] correctly, it seems that PySide2
> is going to be renamed as "Qt for Python" and adopted as official Qt
> bindings for Python...
>
> [announcement]: <https://blog.qt.io/blog/2018/04/13/qt-for-python-is-coming-to-a-computer-near-you/>
>
> I really hope someone with good Python Debian packaging skills will
> soon package pyside2 for inclusion in Debian!

Sophie and me are working to bring pyside2 into Debian. We would like to
put it in pkg-kde-extras. I requested access to the salsa group for this.

Should it go in "Qt" or "Qt extras"? It's going to be something official by
the upstream Qt project so I think that "Qt" might be good.

Currently the code is split among two git repositories upstream:
https://code.qt.io/cgit/pyside/pyside-setup.git/
https://code.qt.io/cgit/pyside/pyside-tools.git/

pyside-setup contains PySide2 and Shiboken2 (and pyside2-tools as
submodule).

I think we will want to name the source package and the git repository
"pyside2" anyway. And we possibly want to integrate pyside-tools
in the .orig.tar.gz as well.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer