Re: kbackup_18.04.0-1_amd64.changes REJECTED

Hi Thorsten & FTP masters,

In data venerdì 4 maggio 2018 21:00:09 CEST, Thorsten Alteholz ha scritto:
> Hi Scarlett,
>
> unfortunately I have to reject your package. Please mention the LGPL
> of some po-files in your debian/copyright.
>
> Thanks!
>  Thorsten

It'd be *so* much more useful if, instead of rejecting a package just
because of this, it'd be accepted with a RC bug for the issue.

This small glitch in a copyright file (which lacks a DFSG-compliant
file, so still something fit for the archive) will cause the additional
burden of:
- adjust the copyright file, after checking that the rejection cause is
  actually valid
- perform a new binary build on the uploader's own machine
- wait in NEW for another amount of indefinite time
- have another FTP master/trainee/person review this once again

Please make the work of Debian developers/contributors easier, instead
of putting artifical barriers for no reasons. I saw the above behaviour
(i.e. reject a package just because of a missing GPL/LGPL file in
copyright) way too many times, and IMHO it is not constructive at all.

Thanks,
--
Pino Toscano