Re: breeze-icons_5.36.0-1_amd64.changes is NEW

On Thursday, July 13, 2017 09:33:21 PM Pino Toscano wrote:
> When uploading something, I push the "upload to $SUITE" commits, and
> the tag of that upload only *after* I get the "ACCEPTED" email for that
> upload. Since it was stuck in NEW, then that stuff stays in my local
> clone until the upload gets out of NEW. This is not an arbitrary whim,
> but I do that because the upload could be rejected for whatever
> reasons, and thus that commit & the tag would be totally invalid.

I really don't want to get in the middle of the 'discussion' the two of you
are having (I end up doing enough conflict resolution at work - I'm not doing
it for fun), but I want to make sure I understand what you are asking here,
because if I understand you correctly (which is why I'm checking), then I
suspect we could have a collision in the future as well.

What I read that as asking of your fellow team members is to check the New
queue every single time before they do a package upload.  Is that correct?

If so, I don't think that's the best approach.

I completely understand not wanting to tag until the package is accepted, but
by not pushing your commit, you leave all your team members in the dark about
the work you've done.  I don't think this is good.

Commits can be amended, so I don't think it's correct to say a rejection from
New makes a commit 'totally invalid'.  I think it would be much better if you
would push your commits when you upload to New and then either tag on accept
or amend, push, and reupload on reject.  That would make the git repository
the single place to look for the current status of the package.

I hope I misunderstood because I don't think 'everyone check New before every
upload' is a reasonable request.

Would you please clarify?

Scott K