Re: draft packaging of calligra 2.9.5

¡Hola Dmitry!

El 2015-06-09 a las 19:37 +1000, Dmitry Smirnov escribió:
There is no harm in packaging new upstream release by making one bundle commit and then make smaller changes if necessary.

Please read: http://pkg-kde.alioth.debian.org/gitguidelines.html

The part about "Committing policy and guidelines" explain the team guidelines about this kind of changes.

One particular bothering part is that this change renames the patches at the same time that patches are removed, this makes the log very hard to read.

Also, there is a debian/README.source, one of the things documented there is the current way used to update the copyright file. I agree that it can be improved, but calling names, or qualifiers against other team members creates frustration and reduces the morale, sorry, we had our quota of that.

I'd say documenting patches is a must for team-maintained packages.

I would say highly-recommended, you can only encourage people to do things better.

--
"If you have too many special cases, you are doing it wrong." -- Craig Zarouni
Saludos /\/\ /\ >< `/