Re: draft packaging of calligra 2.9.5

¡Hola Dmitry!

El 2015-06-09 a las 12:52 +1000, Dmitry Smirnov escribió:
Just to let you know about some progress with packaging of calligra_2.9.5. I've spent a day working on it and committed my changes to repository.

Nice.

New version introduced some new build dependencies; changed paths to many .desktop files etc.

I see that you made a lot of changes in your last commit, that's wrong and evil, much worse than not having a dep3 header in the patches, please do independent commits for each change.

Since I'm not yet familiar/confident with calligra packaging I'm not sure what to do about changes in "gemini" and "krita-sketch".

I havent followed the changes made by upstream, can you explain what are the changes that you are refering to?

I summarised remaining issues in TODO.Debian. Namely there are still some "not installed to anywhere" files that we probably need to ship;

Most certainly, the easier way to decide to which part it belongs is to identify the CMakeLists.txt that installs them.

auto-generated copyright is rubbish and very inaccurate

It's not a good idea to start participating in a team and call rubbish to the previous work, please, avoid that attitude.

(I already found many errors and even one non-free file in the orig.tar)

Good.

I've documented "3rdparty/google-breakpad/*" but the rest needs
comprehensive review. See complete lits of issues in TODO.Debian.

I'm counting more than 25k files, I'm sure there is room for improvement in the checks that we do on them, but I wouldn't discard an automatic tool that helps you with that.

I left some patches commented in "debian/patches/series" -- it would be nice if someone could double-check them to confirm that they are safe to remove.

channelFlags_logic_change.patch
tests-temporarily_disable_failing_tests.patch
and
tests-disable_convolution_failling_tests.patch

are related to the autopkgtests tests. Have you run the autopkgtests?

cmake-do_not_install_removed_files.patch

is related to the prune-non-free (now excluded-files in debian/copyright), does the install phase works?

From now on please let's tag all patches as per DEP-3 recommendation, shall we?

DEP3 is overrated, currently git commit headers are more useful, allow a simpler patch submission, and can be used with a patch queue manager. I agree that we need to document our patches better. A simple way to promote this is to ask about the patches, if someone else is interested in the patches then the patch creator is more inclined to write a better description.

Happy hacking,
--
"The most important thing in the programming language is the name. A language
will not succeed without a good name. I have recently invented a very good