Re: Re: KDE 4.5 in Debian 6.0 Squeeze?

> All new releases fix bugs and they all introduce
> new (annoying) ones.

I haven't exerienced any annoying bugs in 4.5 so far.
And there are plenty of them in 4.4.5 - mainly plasma crashes f.e. when you drag&drop a quick lunch icon on itself instead of clicking it (very common situation).

> But the main reason is that rules are rules:
> freeze is in effect and there is no workaround
> for the limits it imposes.

Probably the freeze date was a wrong choice then. KDE 4.5 release schedule was well known after all.
Does Debian not care about KDE users anymore?

I just think that KDE 4.4.5 is not stable enough to be in stable branch of Debian. Version 4.5 is just a fix for this situation. And many other users agree with that.