Re: Some KDE libs still use .kde4 instead of .kde?

On Thursday, 2009-10-22, George Kiagiadakis wrote:

> This cdbs makefile is no longer used in our packages. What is reading
> .kde4 is Qt, not kde.
>
> Take a look at this code:
> http://qt.gitorious.org/qt/qt/blobs/master/src/gui/kernel/qapplication_x11.
> cpp#line889
>  http://qt.gitorious.org/qt/qt/blobs/master/src/gui/kernel/qkde.cpp#line59
>
> In short, Qt prefers reading from .kde4 if it is there, which is the
> correct thing to do, given that Qt has no idea which is the default
> KDEHOME.

How can this be considered the right thing to do?

KDEHOME defaults to $HOME/.kde if not set

Checking for whether $HOME/.kde4 exists when KDE is in version 4 could be
considered as a fallback when $KDEHOME is empty and $HOME/.kde does *not*
exist.

The very moment either $KDEHOME is set or $HOME/.kde exists than that path is
the only correct choice.

Cheers,
Kevin