Re: Announcing the availability of first Qt 3.3 packages

Hello,

Thanks for making these packages available. They're working very well, but
I did notice a few small things.

libqt3-mt-dev now pulls in several database libraries. Is this avoidable
somehow?

Also, the Kmenu now has a problem wherein there is a gap between it and
its submenus. Also, the arrow heads that point to the submenus are
missing. I seem to recall a KDE mailing list discussion of these
problems. I'm not sure what the solution was - perhaps KDE 3.2.3, or a
patch from qt-copy.

There are a number of outstanding bugs complaining about the package
descriptions. These really need to be improved.

Generally, there are a large number of bugs open that should be dealt with
one way or another - people have requested dbg packages, static
libraries, that libqt3-dev and libqt3-mt-dev be simultaneously
installable, etc. etc. I'm no Qt guru, but if there are things you want
help with, perhaps posting specific requests to this list will yield
assistance.

Finally, there are a few bugs from an old NMU that can probably be
acknowledged and closed.

Thanks for your work,
Christopher Martin