Re: KDE 3.1.5 Status Update - 20040129

On Thursday 29 January 2004 10:33 pm, Chris Cheney wrote:

> With KDE not even being built on various archs while in sid already,
> what makes you think uploading to experimental will help find bugs on
> other archs? If you didn't know already experimental isn't built by
> buildds at all.  And at the current rate that the buildds are retrying
> KDE 3.1.5 it will be months before it goes into sarge as well.

I don't really understand how this debian system build thing works - but I
have noticed how you have complained about the speed of this buildd and the
admins several times.

Given the importance - not just to Debian of having KDE 3.1 (at least) in
Sarge, BUT ALSO to KDE of being seen to have an up to date version on Debian
just when many of the "big boys" are picking Gnome as the desktop to go with,
wouldn't it be better to have some private discussions with whoever is
holding things up and trying to work through with them just how to get over
the blockage.

You may be doing this privately already - but the impression I get by reading
your posts is that you are throwing rocks from afar.

--
Alan Chandler
alan@chandlerfamily.org.uk